Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a difference we all can make!


When Jacob Winters invited all of his classmates to his birthday party recently, he asked them not to bring him any presents. Instead, this very special young man asked them to make a donation to IAAP for the care of little Zhang Qi. Jacob had seen Zhang Qi on our site, and wanted to raise enough money to cover a sponsorship for one year. To the delight of everyone, Jacob's friends donated a total of $642.00! We are so proud of Jacob (and his friends). We know Jacob's parents are very proud, too. Little QiQi is a very lucky baby to have such a special honorary big brother!

4 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!!! How cool! I'm going to link this post to my bloog.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I don't even know many grown ups who would do that.

Unknown said...

Oh Jodi...I have chills just reading this!! What an amazingly wonderful thing!!

Also, I adore the outfits you are making! So cute! I will contact you because we want to order one for Paige!

So sorry not to have contacted you again about a playdate. We do still really, really want to..I just have to get everyone well enough! Currently it is me who has been sick...ugh. Mom's don't get sick time.

Talk to you soon...Alyson

Unknown said...

I'm back....


TAG---you are it! See http://threepsinapod.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-tagged.html#links
for the details.:)

Alyson