Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jailyn -Alpha Dog!



For Christmas Cosmo (our black lab) received an invisible fence for his gift. Okay, so maybe it was a gift for me - but he wears the pretty new necklace. He received this gift because we were just so tired of him eating everything off the counters and out of the sinks in the kitchen. We put the disc in the cabinet near the trash can. He can still get to his water and food bowls and to his favorite, cool spot on the kitchen floor - but not near any people food. This has been working really well.
The other day, Jailyn, Cosmo and I were in my closet and Cosmo decided to get into my bathroom trash can. I scolded him and he went to my room to lay on his bed. Jailyn went running off into the family room (where the rest of the family was). All of a sudden she came running back into my bedroom with the invisible fence disc. She ran to Cosmo yelling, "Bad dog!"
I was screaming for Cosmo to come to me, as he was whining - being shocked every time Jailyn got near. I was totally freaking out (not helping the situation!) Poor dog!

Believe me Cosmo will not be messing with this little 22lb Alpha Dog again! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor puppy. If sean would try that he would feel sad for hurting the dog. He might even take the little puck things and hide them where they would not hurt the pup.

Jodi said...

I don't think Jailyn realized that it hurt him. They are still friends - Jailyn does walk around with yummy goldfish crackers! Cosmo is anyones friend if you have food.

Amy said...

We could use something like that to keep our dog Mickey in the yard!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I could see where food would smooth things over. I could go for some goldfish crackers right now. Or maybe some whales instead. They are saltier (more salty, which ever is right).