Monday, February 5, 2007

Day 5: Gotcha Day!


What an incredible day! Of course I didn't sleep... was up at 3:30am again and no chance of going back to sleep. Bryan actually slept til 7am - so at least one of us had some rest. We went to breakfast and met another adoptive family, Nancy and Jim. The American section of the restaurant was loud with anticipation and nerves. While we ate we were able to see some the first quarter of the Super Bowl! The dad's were all glad they were able to see some of the game.
At 9:00am we met Nancy, our guide, in the lobby and she took us to the Civil Affairs building were we would meet Jailyn! We arrived about 10 minutes before Jailyn and five other babies. Jailyn was the first into the room and of course I wanted to go into my "ugly" cry - but I held it together and just let a few tears come. Didn't want to scare her. She had no problem coming to us. She has a pretty easy going personality. We notice immediately that she likes to look around and take everything in. She doesn't miss a sound - a phone rang in the room where we were and she was checking it out. That put our concerns about hearing problems to rest for the time being. Our friends Nour and Hamid's little boy did great too. Jailyn and Eli do seem to find comfort in having each other around. There were there 3 boys and 3 girls, ranging from 16 months to 3 years old. Jailyn and Eli had the easiest time. The older kids had a real hard time leaving their nannies. It was heartbreaking.

On our way back to the hotel we stopped by a type of Walmart store. (Nancy doesn't like Walmart, she said it is too crowded. Imagine that! We were able to get diapers, formula, cereal, snickers bars, diet coke - you know the essentials. :)

Jailyn was starving when we got back to the hotel and took a nice warm bottle! We could tell she was exhausted but she wouldn't give in to a nap. I finally got her down for a nap around 3pm (2 hours later than her normal schedule). She slept for two hours. Woke happy and hungry! She downed another bottle and then had a bowl of rice cereal. She eats really well!

I don't know how Jailyn has pulled it off but some how she was spoiled in the orphanage. She loves to be held and does not like playing on the floor or beside mommy - but on mommy or daddy. This has been great for the bonding, but her nickname will be Princess. (Diva is already taken by Conner.) She is so sweet and has already bonded to mommy really well. She will play with Daddy for a little bit but has already learned that mommy does the feeding and cuddling. First thing she noticed on Mommy was her jewelry! Love that!

Today we sign more papers and then will go by Jailyn's finding place, and do some shopping for Jailyn's friends that have not been united with their forever families yet. Tomorrow we will visit the orphanage and bring them their gifts.

Prayer requests: Continued strong bonding with Jailyn.
Health - pray Jailyn stays healthy. She has been sweating and very clammy - so not sure how healthy she really is at the moment.
and that mom will get feeling better. I think I have bronchitis and a UTI. This is not fun!

Only 8 more days and we will be home! Can't wait to get home!!!

Love y'all,
Jodi Sue



src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgmCaJfpjgZM0ASm1qh1NwL4VRe0axT4V-FdZOIFhAZMu1tCRI-suGn_q2f8m72NiSDaWUaQF7ztSlGD84tIzHlqxDH-b3orXYKyUM3L0nFdkadaL1rJxi43_QBVXfcIAHh0JHJBf1xq78/s320/bathtimeface.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5136606954680478610" />

6 comments:

Valerie said...

She is GORGEOUS! You all look so happy. Deep sigh....I am elated for you to finally be together.

I'm counting the days until you can come home.

Congratuations.

Love V

Cindy said...

Hey Guys she looks so sweet. Jodi how did you keep the tears from flowing I'm not there and its hard for me. I can't wait for ya'll to get home. Saw Brady today and I reminded him to be good.
Also I talked with MiMi on Fri and everything seems to be going great! See ya'll soon!

Love
Cindy

Amy said...

I love the pink hat! She is ADORABLE!!! Congratulations. I am very glad she has taken to you so well. It makes me nervous the older kids are having a hard time. My daughter ShuiQing turns 4 years old tomorrow Feb 7TH. If you manage to visit the older kids please get some update photos for me. I hope you all feel better soon! Hot black tea with honey is very good for your health.
Greetings from Germany, Amy Heymann

Sara Thacker said...

I am so happy for you. We are at the beginning of our adoption process, and will receive our LID any day now. It brought tears to my eyes to see how wonderful your family looks. Have a wonderful time at the White Swan and enjoy your new daughter.
Jerri Maddox gave me your blog site.

Tami said...

Jodi,
She is just beautiful. I loved the picture of where she is asleep on you. I am so gald to hear that your flight over was uneventful.....that is always a good thing. I can't wait to meet Jailyn. If you ever need me to hold her at any soccer game remember my arms are always open.
Take care..............
Tami

Amy said...

Congrats to all the Andersons! So glad to hear that everything went relatively smoothly. We're so excited for you and are looking forward to meeting the adorable Jailyn soon.

Enjoy!

Amy Ravitz