Tuesday, November 6, 2007

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption month!
As I cuddled with Jailyn today I was trying to remember what our life was before she came home. What life would be like if she never entered our lives. I can't even imagine! When we entered our journey of adoption there were so many unanswered questions. I am so thankful that we moved on faith and let God lead us! I wouldn't of made a better choice for our family!
We are in the process of beginning our search for another sister. Researching some different children and their "special needs". We would appreciate your prayer! We want to be in God's will and go where he leads.
If you have any questions about adoption please feel free to send me an email. I would love to help you in your journey. Even if you don't feel that you are able to adopt - there are many other ways you can help orphan children all over the world!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks Jodi for what you wrote on my blog. I wish I had the DH waiver to really look for one more child! Tell me what you are looking for and I'll keep my eyes opened. No I never used Rainbow kids. I did find my first son Photo listed there. He was on the list a long time, and I had no problem getting him. We were the only ones who asked. CHI has a new list you can look at next week. Children’s Home Society has allot of kids right now. I read Asia has a new list. Email me at my yahoo account (on the side bar of my blog) and tell me what age, SN etc you are looking for and I'll tell you if I find a child that is waiting. I'll just e-mail you and say look here. Some kids get lots of people fighting over them, and others just wait and wait. I wish I could adopt a 6 year old on Madison Adoption Associates waiting list. She looks just like Sarah and has Hep B, but Juergen says no. He isn't ready yet. Some people have shown some interest in her, but so far no family. They also have a 2 year old boy named Justin that has a heart problem, maybe VSD or ToF. Either is correctable. Justin has a large grant. Many people have met him and say he is just wonderful. My oldest daughter had Tof, and my son Philip had VSD. It really is no big deal! I'm so excited for you. You will find the right child. There are so many kids...the real problem are the lack of parents. It may not feel like that this week...but it's true. I can not wait to see who God leads you to. It won't take long. I wish I were in your shoes!