Wednesday, April 18, 2007

20 steps!

Jailyn had her first Physical Therapy appointment this morning. She had a great time showing off for her Therapist. Jailyn is now walking 15- 20 steps at a time. She is getting much more confident with her abilities! This afternoon was the first time that she let go of something (other than a person) to walk. And, she has learned how to stand herself up. I say she has learned...not always does she have the strength or control to do it but she is getting stronger. The PT thinks she will be walking really well by her surgery on the 30th. She will be even happier when she can run around with the big kids.
Jailyn still loves Kenzie and Conner's karate classes. She has the entire beginning and end of class routine down pat! She even puts her hand on her heart when I recite the Pledge of Allegiance. She wasn't too happy when Mom and Brady were on the karate mats... yes you read the correctly! Mom and Brady have joined Kenzie and Conner! Kenzie and Conner are much higher belts then us - blue vs. white! But we are having fun!
Jailyn is much better at saying,"Mama". She doesn't call me by name but when asked "Who loves Jailyn?" She responds "Mama". Hey that's the perks of being a stay at home mom!
I could go on and on about my beautiful daughter but since it is bed time and she is pulling at the computer I had better go.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you both at lunch! She is blooming like a rose.

I am holding you all in my prayers for Monday. Let me know if you need anything.

Valerie